Kamec Engineering Ltd recognises its duty to comply with the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, The Safety Health and Welfare at Work Regulations 2007 and The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013 and all other relevant legislation.
Kamec Engineering Ltd undertakes to conduct its business in such a manner as to ensure that all steps are taken to minimise risk to any employee, sub-contractor and the general public. In addition to this, Kamec Engineering Ltd will continually carry out risk assessments and evaluate all business methods to determine significant Health and Safety effects and implement all necessary improvements deemed appropriate.
Kamec Engineering Ltd will comply with all statutory requirements under current Irish and EU direction, and any subsequent legislation that may be introduced in the future.
Kamec Engineering Ltd will take all reasonable care to prevent injury to employees by:
- Carry out risk assessments for each project.
- Provide and maintain systems of work, which are safe, and without risk to health.
- Establish arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances provided for use at work, which are safe and without risks to health.
- Provide any employees with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and others who may be affected by their actions.
- Carry out health surveillance where required.
- Ensure that all machinery, plant and equipment are maintained and in a safe condition.
- Make adequate provision arrangements for welfare facilities at work.
- Keep the workplace safe and secure that access and egress are safe and without risk.
- Monitor safety performance to maintain agreed standards.
- Kamec Engineering is committed to continuous development and improvement and will review this policy on a bi-annual basis.
It is the policy of Kamec Engineering Limited to produce a very high standard of workmanship, on schedule and at competitive rates. To ensure that Kamec Engineering’s policy is achieved, details are as follows on some of the methods currently implemented:-
- Contracts are reviewed at initial stage and throughout the job by Management and Site Personnel to ensure quality is maintained at all stages.
- Work programmes and schedules are formulated to enable adequate planning and timely planning of resources.
- Sub-contractors, suppliers and employees are evaluated to ensure that their performance meets required standards.
- Materials proposed are checked for quality, performance and compliance with the relevant standards – CE marks. etc.
- Trained employees perform work to the relevant standards / regulations and continuous training is undertaken to ensure that practices remain current and up to date.
- On site inspections are conducted and recorded by Management.
- Reporting, administration and documentation are structured to ensure smooth co-ordination and completion of all contracts e.g. as built drawings, safety file, certification forms, letters of compliance, etc.
- Suggestions are encouraged from our clients and staff on an on-going basis in an effort to constantly improve Kamec Engineering’s effectiveness in areas of work procedures and procurement to achieve a level of excellence on all projects undertaken.
Kamec Engineering is committed to reducing its environmental impacts and to developing a culture of continuous environmental improvement through:-
- The prevention or minimisation of pollution potential by our actions and in the advice provided to clients.
- Compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and other requirements as applicable.
- The minimisation of waste and a commitment to recovery, re-use and recycling as opposed to disposal where feasible.
- The achievement of improvements in environmental performance by working with our clients in our service delivery.
- Where appropriate, encourage and monitor our suppliers and contractors in working to our environmental standards and those of our clients as a minimum.
- Setting and reviewing environmental objectives, target and performance measures on an ongoing basis.
- Maintaining pro-active communications about Environmental Management and performance with all employees and other internal parties.
- Providing employees with an understanding of the Environmental Policy and their role in influencing improvement in environmental performance.
Kamec Engineering also recognises the contribution it can make as a company to sustainable development both through the advice that it provides to clients and in the way it conducts its own business.